Sunday, December 05, 2004

Eat Street

Had a chance to go to this beautiful place for a birthday party last Friday, with a dozen of my revelling friends cum collegues. You should understand that this place was "special" now that you see it on my blog.

This place sits lazily on the banks of Hussain Sagar, almost opposite to Tank Bund. From the outside, it has a huge wall like a jail's and an entrance arch, which was also like a jail's entrance, expect for the neon lights that spelled out the name of the taurant. I wondered why a restaurant is supposed to be so big, and why it was called a street! OK. Shelled out 3 bucks and parked my Activa, and slipping my bare hands into my jacket's pockets (the evening was a bit on the colder side), stalked into the entrace carefully, glancing at a couple of good looking girls.

I got in, and after a couple of scans of the surroundings, my optical person recognizer spotted my collegues, who had landed there earlier in a car. Bang them, they would not have felt any of the cold sitting in the cozy car. Well, now it was time to look around to see what the place looked like and woallah! How the hell should I describe it... it was like a queue of branded food-stores - coffee day, pizza hut, ohris, baker's inn, subway etc. etc... all lined up, inviting you.

After we got a big table set up for us, we went in and got lots of stuff to eat from all these places. No one really had anything normal... like rotis or curries or biryanis, everyone was gorging on junk. So did I. Had lots of junk... rolls, chat, jilebis, mirchi bajjis, pizzas, chole bature etc.

Did I tell you that this was on the banks of the hussain sagar? At around 11pm, we were still hanging around, and then, God gifted us an excellent moon-rise. Over the lake, and just over a line of lights, there stood, as majestic as a white elephant, a huge crescent. It was not white, it was actually brown. How I missed my camera! Well, if only people had told me about the party a day before!

With the moon-rise, people started revelling and going out of gear. We slowly moved out of Eat Street, were back on the street, took my bike out and drove through the deserted roads of Hyderabad. Well, that's another experience to write about, and is clearly out of scope of this topic.

No comments: