Monday, January 09, 2006

Shankar Mahadevan

This happens to be a very old story. During the first week of October, there was a week of celebration in Hyderabad for the 50th year of AP formation. As part of this, Shankar Mahadevan had come down to Hyderabad to enthrall a packed audience at the Taramati Baradari open-air theatre.

This was a shot I took. Probably one of the best out of about 40-50 shots that my camera captured that day.

It doesn't matter how many shots I've tried. For people of poor knowledge of photography, I got to explain that this shot is not that easy. If you think it's easy, the only remark I pass is "go try buddy!".

Leaving the camera aside, another point I wanted to make is about Shankar Mahadevan himself. His voice is extremely melodious, and his command over music is exemplary. I don't consider myself capable of "reviewing" his performance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This blog is very unlike of you.

So how far did you shoot the photo from?

Sai Pondalur said...

Well... this is my blog-world. I never promised that I would be my true self in my blog-world.

Another possibility, I might be acting when I am talking to you, and whatever you see here might be my true self!

There were 6 rows of chairs, then a wide aisle for spectators, then a platform, and then the stage. Shankar was standing about 4 feet from the edge of the stage. So, I'd say about 20-25 feet.

What say?