Friday, February 18, 2005

Creativity and its tools

I saw the following signature in some photo forum

"Great poem... which pen did you use?
Great curry... which pan did you use?
Great photo... which camera did you use?"

Well... in essense, all the three statements go totally together... three creative products and the tools used to make them.

There... don't hastily conclude that the camera is the most unimportant part of the creative process of photography. My question is, if you have a leaking pen or a pen that's snaggy, will the poem come out great? Do you make a good curry if your pan is too shallow or if a coat of the pan gets mixed into the curry?

So, to correct, the camera is also quite important. It should have the features to actually help you in the creative process. I like macro photography and unfortunately, the camera I currently use is extremely bad at macro. Actually, the lens doesn't have a macro facility at all! I also like to have a good telephoto feature and my lens goes to a measly 80mm.

So, to quench my creative thrust, I will atleast need a Tamron 70-300mm LD 1:2 Macro. I will be glad if someone out there gifts that to me. But then, it costs a damn Rs.7500. I wonder what I should do.

Gawd. please help me.

No comments: