Sunday, February 13, 2005

Self portait


Me Posted by Hello

I felt it would be worth it to add a snap of my own. The clinching point is obvious here... it's me who's taking the snap. The shutter was at probably half-a-second and observers will see a bit of a camera shake. The objective of this snap was not to shoot myself, but to record the ambience I was in, when I stayed at this Hotel in Delhi. Yes, the room has an AC and it works, but boy! Was Delhi simmering! That takes me back to the initial photo I had posted in the blog. The question is, what is the photographer's role in human life? I have three options I can see now
  • To record the facts the way they are and to put in evry effort to get the observer feel the picture in its true sense
  • Glorify the world around us using techniques in photography and to project the beautiful part of life, blissfully ignoring the pain and suffering
  • Project the photographic knowledge and skill the photographer has acquired and put in efforts to make his photos a piece of art, regardless of what is being shown and how it is being shown

It is left to whoever reads this to suggest me the path I am supposed to take.

No comments: