Sunday, February 13, 2005

One of my initial night-shots


Here's a photo I had taken when I initially bought my new SLR. Posted by Hello

OK. So, I had taken this snap from the shabby roof-top of a hotel in Lakdi Ka Pul. I had taken my new SLR and started to experiment with it. When I see a snap, I immediately ask what could have been done better with this. The first thing is to note down the damn shutter and aperture so that I can analyse it better. But the way things have it, I never do it and the camera doesn't help me store them either.

After the lament, I'd say I like this snap quite a lot. I initially thought that the temple itself was terribly over-exposed. But then, if I meter for the temple, I wouldn't really get any ambience. Initially, I didn't have the experience to make sure that the subject and background should not have a brightness difference more than 2 f-stops. But I waited longer than I should have. Resultantly, the camera, in its good sense, felt that the ambience was quite important in this picture and eventually over-exposed the temple. Doesn't matter.

No comments: